Spectrum Water Coolers Is Now Part Of Quench
Quench is excited to have Spectrum as part of our family of bottleless water cooler providers.
Spectrum Water Coolers, Inc. of Jessup, MD, was an office drinking water cooler company that operated in all 50 states and throughout Canada. Spectrum was founded in 1989 as the first point-of-use (POU) filtered cooler company in the US targeting offices and businesses. Since then, Spectrum had become the fastest growing POU cooler company in the country, servicing everything from local accounts to Fortune 500 companies, requiring thousands of coolers in locations throughout the country.
Clients typically choose Spectrum for several reasons:
COST SAVINGS: 20% – 70% Savings Over Bottled Water
- Average cost savings over bottled water is 65%
- Monthly rental and purchase options available
- Immediate as well as long-term cost savings
CONVENIENCE: Bottle-Less Water Coolers are Virtually Maintenance Free
- No bottles
- No deliveries
- No running out of water
- No security issues with the deliveries of bottles
- No storage space needed for full and empty bottles
- No monthly delivery interruptions and property damage
- No workers compensation liability for lifting 42 lb. bottles
- No reconciliation of confusing monthly invoices
WATER QUALITY: Better Than Bottled
- All bottled water is filtered, regardless of the source, and then bottled and stored unrefrigerated for long periods of time. Bottles and coolers have been proven to grow and harbor very high levels of bacteria and other microbiological contaminants.
- Dirt, dust, insects and other airborne contaminants can easily enter bottled water coolers through the large opening in the top of the cooler.
- The necks of the bottles are rarely properly sanitized before being placed onto the water cooler. This practice introduces dirt, bacteria, viruses and other contaminants found on the hands of every person that has handled the bottle.
- The International Bottled Water Association recommends that the water storage tanks of every bottled cooler should be sanitized monthly with a 5% chlorine bleach solution to attempt to reduce bacteria buildup. This is rarely, if ever, performed.
ENVIRONMENTALLY GREEN SOLUTION: 65% Lower Electrical Usage, 98% Less Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Spectrum coolers reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) by 98% compared to bottled water by eliminating bottle manufacturing, bottling, storage, distribution, delivery of 5 gallon and single serve bottles, as well as the removal, recycling, or dumping of empty bottles
- Spectrum coolers cut energy usage by 65% when compared to a regular water coolers
- Americans went through about 50 billion plastic water bottles last year, 167 for each person in the U.S.